BidMind Case Studies
A well-established game developer turned to BidMind to help attract new users for their latest title on iOS and Android
- Attract new users.
- Identify the most engaged and solvent audience willing to commit to in-app purchases.
- Analyze the application categories with the most engaged players and compile a list of applications for further analysis and subsequent campaigns.
- Chose audience segments created by our data partners. Those segments included the fans of our client’s game genre and mobile gamers in general.
- Purchase placements in the countries where the app had previously generated organic traffic.
- Prepare and vetted the creatives of the required sizes and formats.
- Upload a list of users who had already installed the game to avoid remarketing.
- Compile a list of games whose players might be interested in our client’s titles to show ads in them.
- Set lAB category targeting (IAB9-30, Video & Computer Games).
- Chose the countries where the game was popular and particularly with active players where the client hadn’t held marketing campaigns.
- Optimize placements with different targeting settings to control bids efficiently.
- Divide the budget for each country and for each test option.
We received a CPM in the range of $3-6 with the banner ads, depending on the ad type. The most popular banners were animated interstitial creatives. Those banner ads reached a CTR of 4%. Video CPM ranged between $6 and $12. We tested two types of videos, 6 seconds long and 15 seconds long. The 15-second video showed a better result and achieved a CTR of 10-12%. While the video CTR was significantly higher, the placements were also more expensive, making the cost per install somewhat similar between the two ad types.
Smartphone users received 90% of the ad placements, the remaining 10% went to tablet users.
According to our client, ROAS was 17% higher on Android than on iOS due to certain publishers on Android generating a high amount of users who eventually made in-app purchases.
Start advertising now with BidMind
Easy to set up, user-friendly, and transparent platform for programmatic advertising